Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. But I hate when the say their organization is different, we are about the kids, we want to keep them together, we are family etc etc. call it what it is tell the truth and I will gave more respect for you. I just wNt my kid to play and have fun and of course have the opportunity to improve and learn good sportsmanship.

Maybe your respect isn't what they are really looking for. Maybe you put yourself in the situation you are in. Don't blame others for your actions.

Travel is not a town program where all your sons friends can play together regardless of their skill. You did say you want your son to have fun and learn good sportsmanship, that sounds like a town team to me. There is not one travel team out there that can stay afloat if they keep the same kids every year. I am sure the program had the best intentions and then realized that they can be more competitive with more skilled players.

The real problem is if you keep average kids then the best kids will want to play on a more competitive team and that is when nobody takes your program serious. It sucks but some kids stop developing skill wise and others continue to get better.

Just because you were on a team doesn't mean he has that spot for life. I find it ironic that nobody ever comes on here and complains that their team let other kids go, its always about their son who was let go. My company hired a new guy because he was able to produce more than the person he replaced, That is how companies become more successful and that is the lay of the land when it comes to travel lacrosse especially at this age.

College coaches are not looking at teams that kept their kids together for years, they are looking for the teams with good players who can take their game to the next level. Not every kid is ready for that at this moment. Keep your son working hard and hopefully he will get his opportunity to shine.

As a side note, please go get your sons English book and learn how to spell and use grammar correctly. you are so quick to judge others that sometimes you overlook judging yourself.