Originally Posted by Anonymous
Long Island parent whose son played in this event last year and loved every minute of it. Thing is we never tried out for Long Island - we missed the first tryout because we were away that week so I brought him to Connecticut tryout and he made the team.

This year I asked him if he wanted to tryout again and he said he would but only wanted to go back to Team Connecticut. He made the team again and was thrilled when he saw that most of the team came back for another run.

Moral of the story is you can get away from the politics if you want - my son did not wear a club helmet, no one knew he was from Long Island. He made the team because of his ability and nothing else. He has played at events with the "so called best" of the 2019s but even at 14 he is smart enough to see through the BS, and he wants no part of it.

Could not be prouder of him.

I think you confirmed yet again how corrupt the Long Island team is and will continue to be. Would love to watch these evaluators kids show up at an out of state tryout with a generic helmet, I bet the ranch kids get cut within first 10 minutes because of their sense of entitlement. Head , Heart , Hustle a lacrosse mantra not in their vocabulary.