Originally Posted by Anonymous
Couldn't agree with you more when you say keep the kids out of it. The real problem for the most part comes down to the parents. If we let our kids just play and enjoy watching them then we should be happy. Parents think they run the organization and feel like they need to give their evaluations is nonsense. They mislead the parents when they do stuff like that. Parents think the coach is the one making decisions but in reality the parent who thinks he's a big part of the team makes decision. I bet if parents knew that was the case they would not choose that team. I know I wouldn't. I don't need a parent deciding my kids future with a team especially if the parent has something against your kid for whatever reason or his son doesn't like your son. There's a little bit of a conflict don't you think. Keep the parents out of it. If an organization can't do the evaluations on their own then they should not have a team. Get all the coaches from all the teams in the organization to do the evaluations.

What are you talking about? No parent that isn't a coach or owner has that kind of "pull". I wished parents could stay out of it also, but unfortunately with these lofty prices I see it an impossibility. Please clarify are talking about a parent actually having "pull" or voicing their concerns. At times I am glad the parents speak up, do your expect people to stay quiet when they pay upwards of 2k when they do not like what is happening. Why wouldnt parents speak up.

What team are you talking about that a parent had "behind the scenes" control. Manipulating the parents. (That is how I understood your post... Is that how you meant it). I'd bet if you thought that way another parent would completely disagree. Do you know this for fact or just conjecture. Every story has more than two sides.