All the buses will be full? No. I posted a few weeks ago that my son walked on at a selective college he just applied to and was admitted into. They also had a ranked team and my son would up playing a lot and did well. I wonder now how much harder it would have been for him to survive the social forces to say no to the less selective schools just for the moment to say committed to play D1 lacrosse. In truth, early recruiting is already a disaster. My son graduated last spring and he noted that there is already a noticeable quality gap in recruiting classes which is going worse every year. The coaches know it, but are also just keeping on with going through the motions to fill up spots. The earlier poster is also correct. Duke recruits and commits 9th graders. They've been offering 9th graders for a few years now but just seem married to wanting to deny that to keep some prestige or higher ground versus the other ones. Better to just be honest. Penn got blasted PR wise last year with the 9th grader commitpalooza tour and this year they are not doing anything different, they are merely keeping the same thing non public.

Look -- if your kid is a very good or excellent student, you really want him to go for a partial athletic scholarship to VMI, High Point or Furman (just to name three a kid like that would not even apply to if not for the lacrosse drug)??? I'd hope not. Very good or excellent students should shirk all this and just apply and get into a selective school. Then if they are strong players, they will be able to walk on. Especially now with the huge spoilage in the early recruiting game. The only thing this kid loses is a childish Twitter handle saying XYZ College 2022 or whatever, which is worthless. If an average or below average student, I get it that lacrosse can make way for a kid to be able to get admitted to a college. That said, at least in the Maryland and LI demographic for lacrosse I've seen, this is usually not the case. Proud and pushy dads are really pointing their kids toward disaster to push so hard for some colleges which aren't likely to serve their kids well.