Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just wanted to update you guys on those damn cheating Canadians. Five verbally committed players.

Edge 2019
Hopkins (2 committed)
Denver
UNC
Albany

The only people who care about the injustice of all this are the parents of age appropriate kids who are either not being recruited or being recruited by teams that are not considered to be elite. No college coach really cares about age....they want the biggest, strongest kids and dont care (and actually prefer) that their players are 20 years old when they start freshman year. It is what it is......

That pretty much sums it up......spot on

Yep and UNC got crushed by Hofstra, Hop lost to Loyola. While OSU got spanked by UMass. Hmmmmm??? Sooner or later these kids have to step up and play with the older kids. Looks like it's not working out too well. So go to UNC, major in Lax and sociology. OR.... Go to Hofstra, beat UNC soundly, major in Accounting, hang up the cleats and send your kids to the clinic run by the UNC grad. Them's the facts folks... As mother always used to say, "it all comes out in the wash"

In the end the commits to the UNC and other schools most likely won't be playing for these same coaches either..They want to do away with the early commits because they realize the kids that are coming just aren't the top kids anymore and the top schools are paying the price while the other lower schools are reaping the benefit. Mom and Dad can't help the kids in college and they can't hide how they are playing. I for one have told my son he will not verbally commit .its way to early. I don't think I'm crazy , just know he is not ready to decide or go to a school because of a name