Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Many of you have headed off to School prospect days this Fall/Winter. Do you feel it was imperative to go as a freshman to get your son noticed or get his name on a list. How did you hear about these days? Was it fellow teammates, Directors or your own investigation. If all of the above what % was each.

With all of the talk about the players being young and the potential for the colleges to slow down, did that impact any of your decisions to slow it down a bit (and maybe save some $$). I want to be penny wise but not lb foolish.

My son is a 2018 and he just verballed to a mid D1 school. The school had been looking at him and they invited him to their prospect day. He happened to have a phenomenal day at the prospect day and the coaches invited him for an overnight the following week. He loved the campus and the current players and especially the coaching staff. They made him an offer right away and he ended up deciding to take it. So in my experience if there is mutual interest the prospect day is a vital part of the process, my son would not have been offered without it. It also obviously gave us the opportunity to see the campus and meet the coaching staff in person. Having said all that, if there was no interest from the coaching staff, we would have not wasted our time going to the prospect day. We went to a few others and I found it to be a waste of time because my son was not on the radar at those schools. Hope this helps.

I guess the question is how are you finding out about the prospect days, through club, school, other