Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Says a crab daddy to deflect criticism Crush has two both undersized doing for the correct reason and 19 orange has one Please stop and enjoy your holiday

A cheat is a cheat.either the team plays with ethics or they dont. Point is very few do. They cut on age kids and take holdbacks. One holdback makes you no better than the team with 10!

I completely hate this entire holdback system and would much prefer to see age appropriate divisions, like soccer or the way youth lacrosse use to be. Some, and it covers both NY and MD. plus other areas, discovered a way to get an "advantage" with the graduation year set up. Don't know about other areas but in Md Crabs is by far the BIGGEST offender of this and takes it to the utmost limits. Crabs founder, Ryan M is the leader of this and I am told 99% of Crab players are held back for the sole purpose of having an older/bigger kid play against younger/smaller kids. This is just pathetic on so many fronts but yet it is running ramped and will continue until someone/something steps in and puts a stop to it. If a kid is held back for pure academic reasons, and I mean true academic reasons I can understand this but his age doesn't change and he would have to play with an age appropriate team. Many use this as a reason that they are holding their kid back but it is pure bs. I don't know how to stop this, I am sure there is a way but someone needs to step up and take the lead. There will be great pushback from Ryan M and his kind but it could be done. The excuse college coaches like this is not true. I agree with you in theory that one or ten holdbacks is cheating but when you have organizations like Crabs leading the way, it is well beyond cheating. That organization will ruin lacrosse if this continues. Rant over.