Originally Posted by Anonymous
What exactly is the rules for college coaches being a part of a travel program.
I know they aren't allowed to speak to the boys unless the boys approach them. is this a way for the college coaches to circumvent the recruiting process or is it a violation for them to speak directly with their players.

I have to think it is a conflict of interest, but I don't see it being a positive thing otherwise other programs would have been adding college coaches in stead of all the high school coaches who are coaching or sitting on the boards of teams.

Also how are the bluefish going to get into recruiting tournaments when they don't have a track record. just because the program has well known names doesn't mean the showcases will just put a brand new team in the top showcases. there are a lot of programs that have deserved spots in the showcases and it would not speak well of the showcase directors to take on BRAND new teams that haven't played one game together.

anyone with info on college coaches and their limitations with travel programs will be much appreciated

Although I don't know NCAA rules you make a good point I don't see many college coaches working for the majority of the big programs. My concern is Who is going to coach our kids. I am sure that the big names won't have the time if they are going to do the right thing by their college programs and I am sure the institutions they work at will expect nothing less.