Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just saw names of some of the kids they say "Dazzled" at the Philly showcase .My son played against some of these names and I hope some of these kids were impressive in their other games because the game I was at they didn't do much. Even these writers seem to be politically motivated. what a joke some of the things written. I'm sure most kids are outstanding but to read this stuff it should be in the comic section. Half the kids are mentioned every time or they leave the name out one showcase and then put it in the next.

I have an older kid whose class and what you wrote is correct. Those blurbs are usually written before the games are played and are often just scribed straight from club coaches trying to market kids. Soon enough the spoilage of early recruiting will play out. My oldest is a junior at an ACC program and he said to me just this past weekend how unimpressed he was with the 2016 recruits after fall ball. Two star players and then all bench players. The market will adapt. Encourage your son to keep playing and keep playing well. It eventually comes around. BTW, I think you'd be shocked at how much the sentiments have turned against the lacrosse recruiting media pair of guys...with some college coaches. Right now it is a real struggle to filter and evaluate the avalanche of kids who all want to play college lacrosse, and the guys trying to do it have been burned quite a bit already by the club hypsters and the media guys they use to get their kids placed. One of the reasons it has reached comic book proportions is the same 20 somethings who play in the MLL or NLL are either club coaches or college assistants to make money. So the mutual reliances have led to some misleading data and to disastrous results. Consider that my son plays at an ACC school that is very much in the NCAA mix, and they are stuck with 9 kids in their freshman class who can't even hang in practice to give the first line a good run. It will correct itself sooner rather than later.