Originally Posted by Anonymous
are you saying , you can get more money from mid level lax programs then from say the top 20 programs, serious question,
I'm not the original poster, but it becomes simple (and sometimes not so simple) math. D1 lacrosse programs have 12.6 full 'athletic' scholarships per year per whole team. (Most top D1 schools have 45 men rosters, so there is really not much money there) All the money comes on the academic side, where depending on the school they could be looking for 90+ grades or 95+ grades in all AP classes, so it all depends. I'm currently going through this with my baseball son who is a 2018 grad, but unfortunately a C+/B student. (D1 Baseball has 11.4 Full Athletic Scholarships per 35 men rosters) I don't have the lacrosse analogy, but as one baseball head coach at an ACC school said, if you can throw 95 mph we can find you some money. (Unfortunately, my son's not a pitcher)

I'm told many programs are trying to hang on to some of their money to bolster their poaching chances. I respect your decision and hope it works out for your son.

Coaches are selling the dream to Freshman right now and parents are more than willing to agree to commit to a school without a dime in financial assistance. Some parents bite, others wait, its really not complicated. If a school is offering very little money and the player has "very good grades", what is the downside to waiting?