Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will any 2019 freshmen make the Varsity rosters at some of the prestigious big time public programs like Manhassett, Garden City, Syosset, Ward Melville, West Islip, Smithtown East/West, etc?

HHH will have one, but any other HS Varsity teams getting some impact fresmen?

Mm
What does it matter if it's a prestigious HS..If a kid makes it as a freshmen at any HS that is an accomplishment ,as long as the boy is getting better that's all that matters.

Right playing varsity as a freshman is an accomplishment.

However, a freshman playing varsity at Ward Melville, Manhasset Garden City, Smithtown, Syosset, or Pequa would likely be considerably more "accomplished" than a freshmen playing at Great Neck, North Babylon, East Rockaway, Wayandanch, West Hempstead, Roslyn.

Good luck getting a look while playing at any of the latter schools.

Do you understand the question now?

I guess it depends who is backing you and where you play travel too?

I will say it till I am blue in the face. there will be a few freshman that this will be their second year playing varsity. There were 6 to 8 8th graders playing Varsity last year. Maybe not at top schools but not a bottom schools either. The experience garnered is unquestionable. These will be boys you will hear about in the years to come. Undoubtedly 3/4 of them will probably be scooped up this time next year if they aren't already in talks.

It is great to play for a district rich in tradition but it is not needed. It is not a prerequisite. You are right a freshman playing at tradition rich school must be a standout. But don't sit back and diminish the accolades that those who make varsity as a Freshman deserve because they don't have the right zip code.

Good luck to all the next few weeks!

BTW - I think each of those tradition rich schools you mention could have at least 1 freshman represented. One or two teams may have 2 or more. They all have some great freshman

I agree with you... can't diminish everyone, but if you are a standout freshman in any of the tradition rich schools then you are likely something very special. A stand out at a weaker program might have a harder time standing toe to toe (not impossible - but unlikely).

I don't think the kids that played as 8th graders made that big of an impact at all..I'm
Sure they received playing time. By the way your travel teams is where you will get recognized .no college coaches are looking to see a very good attack player beat a kid who's level is not up to his. Not the other kids fault if he enjoys playing lacrosse but not as dedicated.