Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Went to 91 tryouts this weekend. My son I thought played well but was placed on the back fields for two days. Watched the kids playing on the front field and I realized how good the talent they had there. the kids played at another level. Just trying to figure out if the Stampede would be an option or is that team all political like many others. I saw them play in a few tournaments and it looked like they could use some help to improve and compete or if they would be content with the same kids. any insight is appreciated. Don't even know if my son will be offered a spot yet

Stay away from stampede! Friend of mine left the program we were with for stampede last year and it was a disaster and he came back. 3rd team is never a good experience.

The stampede team happened to be very good at 2019 (the black team), last year they played up in A and did well in a few tournaments but not all. They are a B+ team. They also happened to have had a gold team at 2019 because they didn't want to cut any kids.. That team looked like a disaster, the parents thought their kids were better than they were. I think 91 realized its not worth trying to have 4 teams and are only having 3 this year.