Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your kid is a player and they move him up to varsity and he doesn't get much time then what's the hype all about. One of my son's was brought up as a sophomore, didn't ask for it but the coach wanted him there only to watch other kids who he was better than play ahead of him. My son is a big kid yet the freshman they brought up played because his brother was a lax guy at the hs. It will never change with coaches bringing up a kid as a favor. If they don't play let them stay on jv. By the way my son quit lax. Good job coaches.

So the freshmen played over your son?. Maybe he was better. Maybe your son wasn't really into playing lacrosse and if so then he did the right thing. Don't blame the boy or the coaches .Blame.....you can fill in the blank

I'm not involved in this specific one, but I say blame the HS coach and club coach every time and close to every time you'll be spot on. I have one kid in college and one kid just starting HS as a 9th grader. When my oldest was involved only a few years ago in HS lacrosse there were ZERO instances of kids getting brokered up to varsity and then brokered onto the field. Now we are seeing A LOT of that here in Maryland. My second son is a JV player, and that is the field he belongs on this year. Two kids who managed to commit to colleges will run on varsity, but neither kid belongs on that field and we all can see through it. A third kid who does not play club at all will start at SSDM as a 9th grader because he is a super freaky great athlete who contributed on varsity football and wrestling as a freshman. We all can see through that too...baloney and hype didn't put him on the varsity, his level of play did.

I have never in my life seen anything worse in sports than these club locusts who push a college to commit a kid before 9th grade varsity season, and then twist the screws on the HS coach. Sure, all the HS coaches claim they don't get played by pushy club guys and parents but nearly every time they just roll over. Can't have a kid committed to XYZ on the JV team. Looks bad for the kid, the parents and the club coach who sold him and can't be wrong and second guessed. If there are kids who are juniors and seniors who are affected by this and get alienated and want to just quit, I don't call them quitters. Stuff like this should never happen in high school sports. I call the club guys pimps and the HS coaches who roll over wimps. Lacrosse seems to be the only HS sport now where you can make varsity because of what you didn't do on the HS field.

Are you at the practices watching these kids . Is your son coming in last, is he digging it ,showing up late. You don't know so how can you say anything. Some kids care about the sport and play hard others play because Dad said to and others play just to be on a team. Know all the facts before you say anything and chances are you wont know all the facts