Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My 2019 "true" freshman has received serious interest from 3 schools. He was identified as a prospect this Fall, we visited all three schools and one of the three have made an offer. We have decided NOT to move forward with any of the schools because my son has no idea what he wants to major in, what career he wants to pursue let alone, what school he wants to attend. He is 14 years old and I won't pressure him or make a decision for him. Its lacrosse, the scholarships are a small % of the overall cost. There is no need to rush a decision in my opinion.

Just one Dad not drinking the Kool Aid. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.

Stop your nonsense, if you went to prospect camps and took the time to visit 3 schools like you say why wouldn't you seriously look into offers. First off most schools wouldn't want him to declare a major at least until the middle of his sophomore year or junior year. And 25% on a $60K school still adds up over 4 years if he's a stud like you say 50% really adds up. There has been a handful or less of LI kids who have committed and I"m pretty sure your kid isn't that caliber of a player.

I never said he was a stud, nor did I infer he was offered a 25% scholarship. We explored the process and made a decision to wait. What the [lacrosse] is wrong with some of the morons on this board?