Originally Posted by Anonymous

Very little hope for any team competing with WP in WSYL.

They will beat Bandits scoring differential from 2018

In 2018 Bandits outscored opponents 96-39 over 8 games

And then you will come home and play NLF tournaments and get beaten down by the holdback teams just like the Bandits

You, madlax parent, are hereby banished to your rightful BOTC board... take your pick, either the 2023 thread or the 2022 thread. This is the 2024 thread, therefore it does not apply to you.

Funny how you are so righteous about WP when 91 is one of the founding members of the NLF. This is why holdbacks exist, because there is a place that welcomes them with open arms

Says the true 2023 Madlax parent, with 2022 holdbacks.

Put the Madlax parent (which I am not) aside and just address the issue. Arguably, the two most recognizable youth lacrosse programs in the county, 91 and Express, are both founding member of the NLF. Some of the most vocal people on this board are LI parents that constantly rail against the MD holdback/reclass teams. If this is such an important issue, which I agree it is, why don't the 91 and Express parents, the people that finance these clubs, make more of an issue directly with their own clubs. If 91 and Express were to make a move towards supporting the US lacrosse age-based model, other clubs would no doubt follow suit. Unfortunately, because of the fear that making a stand may jeopardize your son's spot on one of these teams, you remain silent, and therefore arguably complicit. I am not suggesting that I would act any differently as a parent, but just curious as to what others think. I completely agree that the holdbacks/reclass system is BS, a kid should play with their age group for youth lacrosse, A legitimate argument could be made that the age-based system should be phased out in high school, but not through 8th grade. An honest reply would be appreciated because I think that this is an important issue.