Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who is going to Columbus Day invitational at East Islip marina?

Express A and Igloo A will be there

Can you tell me, are there at least 3 kids born in 2006 on that Express team?Just looking for 3???

Upset your kid didn't make the 30 something roster? If they are all hold backs how will they play in Denver?

Not upset he is a good player but never had a chance.The A kids r real good players also, but a year older.Just saying how the whole system works, the A teams are flooded with kids that are supposed to be in 8th grade.

It may seem like that to you, since you're pissed off because your son didn't make Express, but to say A teams are flooded with 2005's, on Long Island, isn't accurate. I'm very familiar with both the Taz and WP teams and neither team has a child that is ineligible for the WSYL. They will be at the games, full strength.

I think the point was that there is a high concentrate of 2005's on the AA teams. And there are! I agree that most of the boys will qualify for WSYL. But there is something to be said about having kids play on age. Taz has a big number of 05's, and I know wp has mostly 06's I give them a lot of credit.But they got out-sized last year and this year the puberty thing will be overwhelming to them. So they go and grab a big strong 05 from Express. If you cant beat them join them.