Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have heard just about enough from you snow flake raising, participation trophy parents. Just listen to yourselves... o my poor little Rabil Jr. has to compete for playing time. It makes so much sense to put my little Rabil Jr. on a team where his skills are superior to any other kid so he can stay out on the field the entire game. Let me ask you a question. What is your little Rabil Jr. going to do when he lands that D1 scholarship to Duke or Yale and now has 6-7 other All-Americans fighting to get minutes on the field? Or more importantly when he is competing in school or work for that grant or promotion? You won’t be able to step in and fix it then. More than likely you’ll be stepping in to pick up the pieces. The boys who both stayed and joined that WP team this year will be practicing with the best players and coaches in the COUNTRY. It will be a battle everyday and will not only make for a better team but better individual players. Do me a favor and go home look little Rabil Jr. in the face and be honest with him. Let him know that his Mommy or Daddy was so insecure about his skill and ability that it was easier for him to leave than disappointment them. PS The ironic thing is that Mommy or Daddy probably never played a meaningful minute of sports in their life. IRON SHARPENS IRON!!!!

You make a good point about snowflake parents and what kids will face in the future. But you are missing the real point from a person who played youth, HS, D1, post grad club ect,.... This is 7th grade!! Back in the day we played for our town team and never ever would a coach put more than 24 kids on a team. Kids do need to play in games. I get that you have to play with the best to beat the best. I think what makes parents crazy is the business OUR generation has created out of something that should NOT be a for profit business. When a kids gets to a top college program playing time is earned but in 7th grade I think coaches should be up front with players and parents about playing time. I would never sign my son up for a 7th grade team with a 40 kid roster. It shows that money is valued over the player and winning = more $$. The club has a right to charge and take as many kids as they want and I have a right to play my son wherever I want.

Why shouldn’t this be a for profit business? Most absurd statement ever on botc and that’s saying a lot.