Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree all the kids should play same year. Every other sport does it right, except this one. If my 13 year is going into 8th grade like normal. Your 13 year old is a genius and is going into 10th grade, your son is not cheating playing against my son. I don’t care how much back and fourth nonsense people say, the end of the day it’s 2, 13 year olds competing. On the flip side if your 13 year old, academically is slower and left back, by all means, I understand, it’s life, it happens. However your 13 year old competing athletically against 11,12 year olds is not right. Cheating is the wrong word because it’s grade based. It’s unethical, it’s not right, it’s an unfair advantage. If I was the parent of that kid, he would play up grade wise, to be fair age wise. 100 percent.

I wish more people think and act like you on this topic.. but the unfortunate reality is you are the minority and your voice is silent. None of this will change in the foreseeable future. Let me guess what the responses will be: 1) Tough luck. Get over it. Don't play lax then. 2) Were #1 and you're a lost.

I am totally on the same page with you. Not all parents care about integrity. They don't care about the safety of other kids. Just in case they are not familiar with the definition here it is. "the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness"

Bad lesson for the WP to send to their kids should of been there regardless