Originally Posted by Anonymous

Sorry to the above LI dads with small boys who are getting left behind. Based on your comments you would think no Maryland area player is ever recruited or successful in college. Lol. Also do your homework, your stud LI players who are contributing at D1 programs almost all are older or PG. facts.

Sorry to the above LI dads with small boys who are getting left behind. Based on your comments you would think no Maryland area player is ever recruited or successful in college. Lol. Also do your homework, your stud LI players who are contributing at D1 programs almost all are older or PG. facts.

110% inaccurate statement. Stop with the verbal vomit! YOU do some homework and backup your BS statements. You will find some MD holdbacks at D1 because of the shear numbers of holdbacks in MD. There aren’t any on age kids to pick from because there aren’t any on age players in MD, so there is no other choice.

Conversely, there are very few LI holdbacks that are recruited to D1. Almost none. Absolute fact! Why? LI has almost no holdbacks. Why? Mostly because there are no prep schools on LI. So stop with the lies, and try answering the original question.

WHY DO MD TEAMS HAVE TO PLAY DOWN A MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR IF NOT TWO YEARS JUST TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE WITH LI TEAMS??

Obviously I already gave you the answer, but try to come up with something. Anything. Any spin you can think of, works for me.

Yikes. I guess I hit a nerve. Take a look at D1 rosters or the all American lists. Check how many were turned 20 as freshman. Your most successful LI boys in college do PG years.

VERY lame attempt at some spin on this. To tell you the truth, I expected better. Your argument makes absolutely NO SENSE.

Your argument is based on post-high school players being a year older. Our argument is about holdbacks at the youth level. OBVIOUSLY some very successful players do PG's and/or red shirt their freshman year. Dah!

The overwhelming majority of the LI post-high school players that go D1 are proven "ON-AGE" players, NOT HOLDBACKS, during their youth.

They played ON-AGE through youth, ON-AGE through middle school and ON-AGE through high school. They established themselves as TOP TIER ON-AGE players through their high school years, without the assistance of having an unfair advantage throughout their entire lacrosse career, of being a year or two older than their peers.

AFTER they established themselves as top shelf, on-age players at the high school level, post-high school plans may or may not include a PG year or red shirt status, based on a host of different situations and circumstances.

So, do some on-age players do PG's after a successful high school? And are there red shirt freshman, for top on-age players? Of course. But these players were NOT HOLDBACKS during youth, now were they. They made their name the old fashion way, they EARNED it.

MD parents believe the misnomer... a lot of D1 players are a year older, so that must be the recipe for success and a D1 scholarship, so I'll start him late a year for kindergarten and/or I'll hold him back a year or even two during his youth, since that's how it works. My average athlete with average skills will be awesome playing kids a year or two younger than him. Yeah, that's the ticket!!

Sorry, wish it was that easy. Your average athlete will always be an average athlete, at best. That will never change. Average athletes don't become great athletes. They will always be average. There is no amount of holdback years that is going to change that.

Now, go back and come up with something at least on the subject matter. Try to stay focused, and on topic. That post is a serious contender for dumbest post of the week, and it's only Monday!

OMG this has to be a mom who wrote this. Nobody wants to labor through your 2 page nonsense. We just tune out probably like your husband does.