Originally Posted by Anonymous

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have heard just about enough from you snow flake raising, participation trophy parents. Just listen to yourselves... o my poor little Rabil Jr. has to compete for playing time. It makes so much sense to put my little Rabil Jr. on a team where his skills are superior to any other kid so he can stay out on the field the entire game. Let me ask you a question. What is your little Rabil Jr. going to do when he lands that D1 scholarship to Duke or Yale and now has 6-7 other All-Americans fighting to get minutes on the field? Or more importantly when he is competing in school or work for that grant or promotion? You won’t be able to step in and fix it then. More than likely you’ll be stepping in to pick up the pieces. The boys who both stayed and joined that WP team this year will be practicing with the best players and coaches in the COUNTRY. It will be a battle everyday and will not only make for a better team but better individual players. Do me a favor and go home look little Rabil Jr. in the face and be honest with him. Let him know that his Mommy or Daddy was so insecure about his skill and ability that it was easier for him to leave than disappointment them. PS The ironic thing is that Mommy or Daddy probably never played a meaningful minute of sports in their life. IRON SHARPENS IRON!!!!

Feeling pretty secure about juniors position on the team, apparently! How sure are you, exactly? From what I hear, no positions have been finalized. And if you think you’re exempt from this simply because your son may not play midi, think again. All those holdbacks could end up at pretty much any position! Not feel’n so confident now?? And when that happens, you will be the very first one to jump ship, daddy-o!

And I want you to come back on BOTC in 9 months, after your kid is replaced by one of the holdbacks, and your kid has just finished playing a total of 3 combined minutes in every tourney this year, and you just finished traveling the whole east coast, repeatedly, and Denver, and paid well over $10,000.00 for the privledge, and give us your snowflake rant again. Yeah. Fat chance.

You know it as well as I do. This is a business first, and youth training a distant second. If your kid is not a starter, your kid plays VERY little, if at all!

You have been very fortunate that your son has not YET experienced that. So you have your head in the sand thinking that could never happen to him, and so you spue this macho BS. News flash. That could easily happen to him with all the new holdbacks, and this could be the time and place.

Not feel’n so cocky anymore, daddy-o??