Originally Posted by Anonymous

I think the point was that there is a high concentrate of 2005's on the AA teams. And there are! I agree that most of the boys will qualify for WSYL. But there is something to be said about having kids play on age. Taz has a big number of 05's, and I know wp has mostly 06's I give them a lot of credit.But they got out-sized last year and this year the puberty thing will be overwhelming to them. So they go and grab a big strong 05 from Express. If you cant beat them join them.

And that’s your justification for holding back your ‘23 Express boy? The reality is he can’t get playing time with kids his own age, so make your post-puberty “man-child” play with “boys”. Setting a great example dad. If you can’t hack it, cheat. The real losers are all those Express kids who won’t get the opportunities that they deserve because of the five reclassed kids. At least Five ‘23’s and a 30 player roster! Parents. Why do you put up with this?? Open you eyes! Other teams are NOT like this. At least, not on LI.

Are you serious! Your kid can’t even compete against kids his own age and you are planning his D1 scholarship?! What do you think is going to happen when the younger kids catch up to him size wise in a year or two? Junior goes right back to riding the pines! What? Schwale didn’t tell you that part?? Do yourself a favor. Find a hobby other than your obsession with your sons lacrosse career which I can tell you is going no where. Thinking you have a lot of time on your hands. Golf maybe??

WP parent here. The team picked up two Fall 05's at tryout, which totals two 05's on the team. With 23 players on the team, that's approximately 8% of the team are 05's, which means... 92% of the team have 06 DOB's. Previous to this year, it was always... 100% 06 DOB's.

So, saying that the vast concentration of players are from 05, or 95% of the players on AA teams have 05 DOB's, that is simply a myth, spread by people on here, who's kid was cut by these top teams. Myth dispelled!

Only referring to Long Island here. I'm sure that the 95% number is pretty close to accurate for all the MD teams.

Hate to break it to you but vast majority of 2006s will need to repeat or PG if you have D1 dreams. Take a quick scan of rosters for Duke or Princeton or any others which list birthdays. Both of those schools freshman classes last year had only 2 on age kids (1999 in their case). The rest of the class were 1998s (turning 20 freshman year) and even one 1997! (yes a 21year old freshman)

[/quote]