Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everything I have heard and seen about the tournament is great and it will be a popular in the near future. But I honestly think the competition needs to improve for long term success. I am a little surprised the top clubs from NE and the Mid Atlantic have not built U13 WSYL teams, but I guess the interest isn't there. Because if it was, they would put teams in. I guess they would rather play grade based NLF tourneys or a Millon elite event. Can't say I blame them. A LI team winning the WSYL every year doesn't help grow the game imho.

Friend, I'm going to try to put this politely... you are obviously very new to this game and completely uninformed about club lacrosse on the east coast.

First, a question for you. A NATIONALLY televised game on ESPN, that literally goes into millions of homes, doesn't help grow the sport?? Did you know that, after the NCAA Final Four, the WSYL has the highest TV viewership of any lacrosse game or event? It does. I'm pretty sure that helps grow the sport.

Regarding your NE comment, there is only one team that is remotely competitive from that region, and that's Laxachusetts. The rest of the teams aren't, so that ends that conversation. They would NEVER qualify in the highly competitive North Region. And Laxachusetts isn't at all competitive without all of their many holdbacks.

Same goes for all of the cheater states, like MD. Without their holdbacks, most of these teams (the goods ones) only have about 4 - 5 on age players, hardly enough players to field a team. And, these clubs are not going to change their entire business model, that is making them big bucks, for one tournament. As tempting as that may be, the carrot is just not big enough, to change the well entrenched holdback culture that they have created.

The problem is with the grade based system and the teams (unscrupulous businesses!) taking full advantage of every possible loop hole to gain any unfair advantage that they can, to help them expand their businesses and make more $$$. Club lacrosse is broken, big time, and the clubs (ie greedy businesses) only have themselves to blame. On age kids in MD/VA/DC literally have almost no options to play on an elite level team, since those spots are occupied almost exclusively by holdbacks. It's a total epidemic in those area's.

While those top clubs are making big money off the system that they have orchestrated, it's at the expense of the boys that they claim that they are helping. On age players in those area's are forced to play on substandard programs, simply because they are not cheating holdbacks. None of them reach optimal development, or anywhere close, due to lack of opportunity. While there is an exception to every rule, there are very few exceptions to this rule in the mid-Atlantic. If you are not a hold back, you are pretty much screwed.

Welcome to the crooked business of club lacrosse. If you live on LI, you are one of the lucky ones, since holdbacks are rare, relative to these other states. Every player get's a legitimate shot at making an elite level program. Some teams have a few holdbacks, while some teams have none at all. Certainly no teams come anywhere close to the holdback states like MD where virtually entire teams are holdbacks. It's mostly because LI doesn't have a bunch of expensive blue-blood boarding schools, like MD, DC, MA and CT on LI, that are literally a breeding ground for hold backs. IN fact, they don't have any.

Exhausting to think about the kind of effort and frustration it takes to write all this. Solid guess is you know as much about MD programs as I do LI programs. Drink a scotch. If that doesn’t work, seek help.

Amen to this last post dude with diarrhea of the mouth above you stated that the previous poster was new to club lacrosse and WSYL was second highest rated lax event. This guy s about 5-10 years in the rear view. His belief about NE lax is about as up to date as his Bruno Mars CD. Prime time finished 3rd in qualifier with many CT players. Eclipse is in CT. The Duke’s 24 team that beat Taz at NAPTOWN is nearly 1/2 CT and Ma players.
WP is playing otherworldly but NE talent rivals LI it s just not in one small space like LI it is spread between Souther CT, central CT and Eastern Ma. With outliers in Southern New Hampshire and RI.
When your little LI stud goes to college if he is still playing his teammates will be from NE, Canada, Texas, Florida and every other part of the country so get over yourself.

Yes, if you take the best kids from 5 states its possible to be competitive...donkey.
The Dukes 24 team was half kids from 2023,,,your comparisons are plain silly.
Agreed, the east coast seems by far to have the top talent, we'll see how Denver goes, all age appropriate and from the entire country, the only players missing are the old 2023's from Maryland and Virginia,

Everything I have heard and seen about the tournament is great and it will be a popular in the near future. But I honestly think the competition needs to improve for long term success. I am a little surprised the top clubs from NE and the Mid Atlantic have not built U13 WSYL teams, but I guess the interest isn't there. Because if it was, they would put teams in. I guess they would rather play grade based NLF tourneys or a Millon elite event. Can't say I blame them. A LI team winning the WSYL every year doesn't help grow the game imho.

Friend, I'm going to try to put this politely... you are obviously very new to this game and completely uninformed about club lacrosse on the east coast.

First, a question for you. A NATIONALLY televised game on ESPN, that literally goes into millions of homes, doesn't help grow the sport?? Did you know that, after the NCAA Final Four, the WSYL has the highest TV viewership of any lacrosse game or event? It does. I'm pretty sure that helps grow the sport.

Regarding your NE comment, there is only one team that is remotely competitive from that region, and that's Laxachusetts. The rest of the teams aren't, so that ends that conversation. They would NEVER qualify in the highly competitive North Region. And Laxachusetts isn't at all competitive without all of their many holdbacks.

Same goes for all of the cheater states, like MD. Without their holdbacks, most of these teams (the goods ones) only have about 4 - 5 on age players, hardly enough players to field a team. And, these clubs are not going to change their entire business model, that is making them big bucks, for one tournament. As tempting as that may be, the carrot is just not big enough, to change the well entrenched holdback culture that they have created.

The problem is with the grade based system and the teams (unscrupulous businesses!) taking full advantage of every possible loop hole to gain any unfair advantage that they can, to help them expand their businesses and make more $$$. Club lacrosse is broken, big time, and the clubs (ie greedy businesses) only have themselves to blame. On age kids in MD/VA/DC literally have almost no options to play on an elite level team, since those spots are occupied almost exclusively by holdbacks. It's a total epidemic in those area's.

While those top clubs are making big money off the system that they have orchestrated, it's at the expense of the boys that they claim that they are helping. On age players in those area's are forced to play on substandard programs, simply because they are not cheating holdbacks. None of them reach optimal development, or anywhere close, due to lack of opportunity. While there is an exception to every rule, there are very few exceptions to this rule in the mid-Atlantic. If you are not a hold back, you are pretty much screwed.

Welcome to the crooked business of club lacrosse. If you live on LI, you are one of the lucky ones, since holdbacks are rare, relative to these other states. Every player get's a legitimate shot at making an elite level program. Some teams have a few holdbacks, while some teams have none at all. Certainly no teams come anywhere close to the holdback states like MD where virtually entire teams are holdbacks. It's mostly because LI doesn't have a bunch of expensive blue-blood boarding schools, like MD, DC, MA and CT on LI, that are literally a breeding ground for hold backs. IN fact, they don't have any.

Exhausting to think about the kind of effort and frustration it takes to write all this. Solid guess is you know as much about MD programs as I do LI programs. Drink a scotch. If that doesn’t work, seek help.

Amen to this last post dude with diarrhea of the mouth above you stated that the previous poster was new to club lacrosse and WSYL was second highest rated lax event. This guy s about 5-10 years in the rear view. His belief about NE lax is about as up to date as his Bruno Mars CD. Prime time finished 3rd in qualifier with many CT players. Eclipse is in CT. The Duke’s 24 team that beat Taz at NAPTOWN is nearly 1/2 CT and Ma players.
WP is playing otherworldly but NE talent rivals LI it s just not in one small space like LI it is spread between Souther CT, central CT and Eastern Ma. With outliers in Southern New Hampshire and RI.
When your little LI stud goes to college if he is still playing his teammates will be from NE, Canada, Texas, Florida and every other part of the country so get over yourself.

Yes, if you take the best kids from 5 states its possible to be competitive...donkey.
The Dukes 24 team was half kids from 2023,,,your comparisons are plain silly.
Agreed, the east coast seems by far to have the top talent, we'll see how Denver goes, all age appropriate and from the entire country, the only players missing are the old 2023's from Maryland and Virginia,

Dukes 24 has kids from 10 states Florida to Michigan to Mass and everywhere in between. Only 1 LI kid and they still beat TAZ - what do you LI lovers say to that LI Blue blood loses to Michigan and Fl???!!!