Originally Posted by Anonymous
Schwalje and Taz should have played again. They were the best teams. You really think Taz wants to play a 2025 team. They want the best competition. And again, I would think the coaches and tourney director all discussed this and agreed.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Schwalje and Taz should have played again. They were the best teams. You really think Taz wants to play a 2025 team. They want the best competition. And again, I would think the coaches and tourney director all discussed this and agreed.

I called this as soon as saw the schedule. When there are two clear top teams, as there were in this tourney, those teams should never play each other in pool play. Because one team will lose and that loss will in all likelihood knock them out of the championship, and a far lesser team, who play all bad teams, will go to championship game. Then the championship game is a joke. Express actually did TOTALLY the right thing by allowing Express 24 to advance and end up in championship so two best teams played. But it was self serving too, since it would have created problems for the organization to have the 25 Express team in championship and not 24 team. Regardless, any organization would have done same thing. If the 25 Express parents are angry, you need to take it out on Blatatant for not doing a better job scheduling the games. Blatant is the culprit here. However, the teams should have pressured them for a change to the schedule, once they saw that Taz and Express 24 were pitted against each other. Very very bad job by the organizers.