Originally Posted by Anonymous

It is a crap spot for parents of kids who have been on the team who will lose playing time. They have been a top 3 team for a long time with their kids playing. The big 2 new additions will eat up a lot of their time. Fair or not. Can’t blame the team either. It’s a business and that is how the top teams should operate. It’s the parents that make the change fun to watch from the outside.

Welcome to the business of elite travel sports. That’s exactly how the game is played. The coach makes decisions on playing time based on what he thinks is best for the team. Then parents make decisions for their children based on what is best for them. That’s the way it works. Nothing personal. Just business. True for every travel team, not just elite ones. Having said that, I would expect there to be a lot of movement on this team for next year, and possibly even before. With the abundance of talent that they have, there is no possible way to keep everyone happy. Savy competitive coaches will keep close tabs on the goings on of that team, with an eye out for disgruntled parents. As soon as the tourneys begin, and a player hierarchy is established, playing time issues will emerge. Then the fun begins.

Everything you say is correct and I agree with it. It's a business and the club needs to win in order to keep up their revenue. We were in a spot where it no longer made sense to be with a club, so we left and looked for greener pastures. Again, no malice, it's a business decision. We didn't like the offering so we left and went to a better offer. Doesn't seem like a bad thing to me. And then the club actually gave us crap for leaving. Loyalty is a two-way street and these boneheads expect us to be loyal when they make a decision we don't like and pay them for the privilege. Yeah, I don't think so.

Exactly. And that team is going to have several pissed off families when they find out that their kids, who got this team to the elite status that they have enjoyed for the past several years, are now basically being kicked to the curb, in favor of the Johnny come lately biggie holdbacks. Very sad, but the way this business works. But one teams trash is another teams treasure. They are going to make for some very nice pieces of another teams puzzle. I wish them the best.

It’s their own fault. They believe the lies because they want to believe. But, deep down, they know the truth. It’s like holding a ticking time bomb in your hands and refusing to admit it’s going to go off. The ticking means at some point, the inevitable is going to happen no matter how much you wish it isn’t. They’re just fooling themselves. Meanwhile, the club is laughing it’s butt off on the way to the bank.