Originally Posted by Anonymous

awfully quiet in CoachC land. the wizard must be recruiting anyone with a sept 1 05 birthdate. heard through the grapevine that he went into Pennsylvania to recruit best fogo. could only imagine what else he brings in!!!

Dude. Try to stay up. That’s very old news. And Express didn’t recruit the player. The player was looking to play for a LI team. So it was the player who was inquiring, not the other way around. WP has a PA kid too, but not just for WSYL. He wasn’t recruited either. He just wanted to play for the pack. I hear he goes to every single practice, too. These PA kids want to play on top teams, and it’s no secret LI has the best youth lacrosse, anywhere.

how do these clubs get away with having kids from PA on their teams . I guess the WSYL does not enforce the rules .

the power of the almighty dollar

Nope. WSYL rules state players must live within 100 miles of the clubs home base., which is measured as the crow flies. And these players do. 100 miles isn’t that big of a deal to some of these families as many of them are already doing close to this dolistance with their own clubs in PA. Now they are on better teams, with better players, better coaching. Let’s not forget, the nation considers LI synonymous with the best lacrosse anywhere. Absolutely top notch. These kids can play on top LI teams, and not worry about playing behind a bunch of holdbacks, like they would in MD or some other areas. So it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity for these elite caliber kids.

But make no mistake, these families are seeking out the LI clubs. The LI clubs are not going to PA recruiting anyone. These kids go to tryouts, make the teams, commit to practices and games, just like any other player. Where’s the problem?

HAHA, "not worry about playing behind a bunch of holdbacks, like they would in MD or some other areas."

These comments crack me up when LI parents direct them at teams from other areas. The SAME LI parents in these forums complain about other LI teams using hold backs. And yes, I AM A LI PARENT!!!!!!
Whatever makes you cheaters sleep at night.