Originally Posted by Anonymous

100% serious! Not jealousy.I know the team very well. And my son is on a very good team.That being said 95% of that team were born in 2005. Please don't get so defensive but that's a fact.again all VERY good lacrosse players but 2005's

Again, WRONG! Fall 2005 does not mean they are hold backs. 98% of the kids on that team are completely legal for the WSYL. Just jealously! Kids born in December 2005 are suppose to be in the 7th grade according to 99% of the schools. Are those kids hold backs too because they are born in December? You look for any angle to complain.
The cut off is September 2005. [/quote]

Schwalje has 5 boys not wsyl eligible with bdays from feb-july 05. They won't win in Denver but they will be tough to beat in the usual grade based tourneys.[/quote]

Doesn’t seem logical to me that Express would have 5 starters not going to WSYL. That’s a huge chunk of a team, assuming they are all significant contributors. I don’t see them winning anything with out 5 key players. Thinking that number is total BS.
[/quote]

It’s only not logical in the Denver year. Otherwise doesn’t matter. Express decides to try and compete anyway while all the MD teams and laxachusetts don’t bother. Yes we will be short 5 of our best players but still can compete. [/quote]

Again this practice of having 90%-95% 2005's on all the AA teams is overwhelmingly ridiculous. And to the previous poster that said fall DOB's are not hold backs?Um you are WRONG!.Unless its December.I understand they Qualify for WYSL .And what about the 2006's that have fall dob's that were not held back playing 2024?? So where exactly do they fall into this equation? Playing behind/with kids 1 yr older is a huge difference developmentally and physically. Just checking this is YOUTH sports?