Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy overrated. It’s Wolfpack’s year. End of discussion

You’re obviously not that bright! Stating “End of discussion” on a forum with 111 pages..... now that more posts are up and the discussion continues where do you stand? WP is not the team previous 91 teams have been. Getting LI express FOGO (not coaches boss’ son) but the actual good one will help but they are no Crush. This is the year a Non-Long Island team wins WS. The entire clas, nation wide, is weaker than previous classes.

Lastly for those stating Box doesn’t translate to field - get out of the 1990’s and except the new game with college shotclock and Canadian/Native American box players being the best players in the country on the field, box Lacrosse is the best training for the field game as it is played today and moving forward.
Box is completely different . Love the game but not even close to field lacrosse. First off there are no long poles, there is heavy body checking , cross checking, moving picks , no face offs , no space , half the amount of kids on the field. It helps to train for field lacrosse but not even close to the same. Very fun to watch!! For the other poster , a l0ng island team will def win WSYL. They have the 4 best players in 2024 . Choke on that !!

I am curious who you think are the four best players in LI are, thus best in 2024. I am not from there but have a son that plays in the 2024 Grad Year. I would put #Taz 21 on that list, who are the other three? Is he on the list from LI perspective? I have seen all these teams play and not really seen a dominant pole or attackman. I think Brotherly Love Pole not sure his number but clearly their best is in discussion for defenders. The WP and Taz teams play great lacrosse as a team but again not seeing a dominant attack or midfielder just and endless wave of good players working as a team. But again, they all look the same from my chair, who is considered the best from those that see these kids all season.

Don't go there. You would never get a consensus on a single one, guaranteed. And the best kids are the ones that are completely unselfish, that you prob wouldn't notice, since they don't dominate a game. The truly great ones don't. They make their teammates better by being completely unselfish, and setting a very high standard for those around them. They continually raise the bar for their entire team, making the whole team better. Their skills and IQ can be completely off the charts, but to the casual observer watching a game, they aren't going to grab a lot of attention. But at the end of the day, they will always come up big, in big spots, and ultimately their team is the benefactor, as they usually come out with wins, as a result. If you know what you are looking at, look very closely and you will find them. But they aren't going to be the kids that take the iso every time they get the ball, who turn the ball over, more often than not, and seldom make the right pass. These players are not the best players. These players are turnover machines, who cost you games. So, don't be fooled. Be an intelligent fan, and look very closely. There are a couple out there. You will find them.