Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone that is trying to compare Millon's tournament to WSYL obviously hasn't been to WSYL. I'll take Denver over Bel Air any day of the week. The WSYL team hotels were conveniently located to the airport, downtown Denver, and the sportsplex. At check in, there was an open bar for the parents and boatloads of swag for the kids. I'm talking sticks, shoes, sweet unis, hats, sweatshirts, backpacks, the works. The opening ceremony was filled with motivational speakers and incredible role models for the kids. The sportsplex had 10+ quality fields all within eyeshot of the team tents. ESPN shot video clips of all the kids. Every game was videotaped and the website kept track of all the kids' stats in real time. Completely different environment from your typical lacrosse tournament. All the kids were on age. The refs were impartial. And you didn't hear crazy parents yelling from the sideline. There were skill competitions for speed and fastest shots. There was a coat and tie dinner at Mile High Stadium where all the kids got to go on the field and tour the facility. And of course, the championship game was broadcast live on ESPN with All World Team presentations at half time and a Denver Outlaws and fireworks afterwards. So c'mon. Don't try to tell me that Millon's tournament is a comparable experience.

You had me at open bar.