Originally Posted by Anonymous

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok...first things first, sept 1 is the start date through aug 31 cutoff for schools down in the mid-Atlantic (like the rest of the country for you folks living on the island and the rest of NY). Second, of course we (the 75% with on age players) have been looking into all kinds of options to get our kids the experience that you all speak so highly of at the WSYL. For me personally, who has a son that’s a starter and is on age, I’d love for him to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity. If you know anything about the rules for the WSYL you would know it’s not as easy as just putting together a team and going to Denver. You’d understand all the red tape and logistics of the upcoming spring season as well as the other intricacies of not playing with madlax and all the fun things that would come from that for this one tourney. Third, while we do have holdbacks as I stated before (and I don’t give a sh$t what your kids say through social media), we added about 5 players this fall of which 2 may be holdbacks. What’s really funny is bc BLC isn’t that good any longer they don’t actually get the recognition they deserve for having the most holdbacks in the country, which is well over 50%. How do we know this, easy, we live here and our kids that are on age go to school with half of them who use to be a year ahead of our kids. The bottom line is the post up above hit the nail on the head, in 3 years it will either all even out or you long islanders will still be crying about all of our supposed holdbacks who are getting the D1 attention from your players. Either way, when our kids are hopefully playing together one day in college, if we’re lucky enough for any of us to have our kids playing at the next level, my son will be more than glad to show you his birth certificate and share all the highlight reels he had beating up on you guys as an on age player! Happy thanksgiving.

The school cut off in most of NY is Dec. 1 not Sept. 1st, so kids born in the fall here start kindergarten at 4 years old. I think this is where the age discrepancy comes in.

Completely inacurate. If we are referring to Madlax DC, 98% of their players come from private schools. Private schools in DC begin kindergarten at 6, not 5. So before they even get started, they are a year older than LI kids. Throw holdbacks into the mix, and you begin to get the Madlax formula.