Originally Posted by Anonymous

You guys are pretty funny. None of this best team stuff really matters. If your kid is serious about lacrosse and is a good player it does not matter what team he plays for or if they win in Denver or Maryland or Huntington. The kids that compete and aren’t on the best team will still get recruited, still have fun and still play their best. Maybe they won’t have as many T-shirts in a box in their parents attic. My son places on what you guys consider a B team. He likes his teammates and his coaches and loves the game. Would he make a top level team? Possibly. Would he play? Not very much. And at 12/13 years old we think it’s more important and fun to start for a team and try and compete against the top teams than watch the 15 kids on your team win you a t shirt. The difference between the top teams and the next level is having 23 kids totally committed to getting better while the next level has 9 of those. My hats off to the boys that play at that high level. While everyone knows that there are 9 kids on those top teams that are extremely good players and will rarely see the field. When those kids and their parents realize you don’t need to sit on the bench of a top team just to be considered a winner and eventually lose the love of the sport to be successful that things will even out. FYI. There are recruiting events you can go to and get recognized outside of team tournaments. Stop buying in to the best team garbage and start looking out for your own.

Well said. The best proof of this is to read the 2020, 2021 and 2022 boards. I'll bet back in 7th/8th grade it ws exactly what you read here on who is the best. take a look now...nobody cares. It's all-out showcases, prospect days, etc. None of the parents care who wins laxest

100% incorrect. Winning and being the best is what motivates successful people. Obviously not something you are familiar with. That’s why your kid is on a B team, following in the foot steps of his B team daddy. You think that your son has no shot at ever being “best” at anything so you “quit” that notion, as all losers do. The winners will keep striving for greatness, leaving you and your quitter son in their dust. You both now can only read and admire such people so you do so by spending countless hours on this site, as just another jealous hater. In a few years prospect days will be important for some of us (obviously not you) but right now nobody cares nor should they. They aren’t relative at this age. Building a winner child is, which goes hand in hand with a winning team. I know your little argument is designed to make yourself and others like you feel better, but in four years you will all be in the exact same boat with your lost attitude, reading about my kid and his winning team doing amazing things and succeeding in life. Remember, sports are a microcosm of life.

This last response is pathetic! The guy had a very valid post. This last response, this is obviously your first child and you are living through your kid! What a lost!

Yet another failure at life, perpetuating same in his kids. Sad.