Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think 91 vs brotherly love in the final - bank on that [/quot[quote=Anonymous]I think 91 vs brotherly love in the final - bank on that

Don't discount the west and midwest teams that you do not see very day, last year Team Colorado, True and Evolve (I know, Canada) were very strong, Mad Dog West has a very good 2024 team this year and they lost to Denver Elite in the qualifier.

Last year they were strong??? That is the 2023 teams, At 2024 level most of those teams mentioned traveled east at least once last year and got smacked up.
The Canada team tried to play all their age groups 1 year down and still go beat up.

I realize that this is 2023 v. 2024, and that the same clubs may not be in the discussion, but the point is that you don't really have a good feel for it until you see the actual teams play in Denver. Just because a club traveled east to play a few times, you have no idea if that is the same roster that will show up at WSYL. While I agree that 91 and BL will do very well, it will not be an easy road. Express and 91 had to earn their spots in the finals last year, the playoff games were not cake walks. There were plenty of nervous 91 and Express parents during pool play as well.

The Bandits were 8-0 in the tournament, outscoring opponents 96-39.
Express was 7-1...................................outscored opponents 98-36 only loss to 91Bandits.

sounds like there were some nailbiters in there for sure
8-10 were east coast teams and the final 3 of 4,,,

Well, considering that I was there and watched many of the games, I feel somewhat qualified to offer an opinion on the subject...yes, there were a few blowouts that padded to goal totals, but don't be fooled by the numbers...One of the big advantages for 91 and Express was their ability to make adjustments at halftime and come out with a different game plan if they were in tight games during the first half, that is the benefit of having played and practiced together for so long. Your would be surprised how close some of those games were in the first half.