Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

The coaches are awesome but they take anyone who's check clears, and to ask people to spend extra cash on away travel tournaments with kids that are sub par ends up with the better kids not commiting.
They need to split into a and b teams or it will never keep the better players dedicated.
NO GRAY HELMETS!!!!

Coaches were awesome????
Langtry formed this saying he would be coaching. Then went MIA for the whole main box season. And left a buddy of his running it.
Langtry only showed back up after his buddy went crazy at a tournament screaming at refs and getting technicals. And they forfeited championship game.
Only then did Langtry appear again.

Coach Kat for 2024 was great, Langtry as well, he had some personal issues but when there was great and had kids playing well. the 2025 age group has way more issues then worrying about the attendance of a winter box league coach

I think all were very considerate of the personal issues of Langtry.
But after all these were issues that started way back to the beginning of the school year if not longer.
When starting this program, he should have had a better back up plan than his friend Coach Tony who was just a PAL coach. After all thats not what people bought into.
And that tournament was 2 teams. A 2025 team and a mixed age group team of 2024s with a few 2025s. And its wasnt the kids fault for either age what happened at the t
And now the truth comes out. Langtry told everyone he was dealing with old concussions so was unable to fly in and coach. In actuality he was drinking, got in an accident, and fled the scene, so he was arrested.
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/08/29/brian-langtry-colorado-mammoth-lacrosse/
I would avoid putting your kid in Island Box.

Wow, you are one slanderous petty person. I have no horse in this race and dont even know the program as I dont live on Long Island. However, no where in this article does it say drinking was involved in the accident. He was leaving a liquor store like lots of us do. Not a single charge related to alcohol was filed. You inserted that you petty little troll

You clearly didnt read too carefully.

He fled the scene, so they couldnt breathalize him. But police found an empty open vodka bottle in the car and 2 full vodka shooters plus his ID which he left in the car. And their was a witness who saw him run trying to escape.
Thats not slanderous. Its pretty clear what happened here.
And the article doesnt say what the exact charges are. It says Langtrys attorney is denying that he was drinking. Which means that is part of what he needs to defend against in addition to leaving the scene and having open liquor in the car and reckless driving which the lawyer is also needing to defend him for.

And he left the scene where the driver in the other car was injured and ended up hospitalized with deep head gashes.

Not to mention he lied about why he was gone from the Island Box program last winter to parents. Probably hoped noone would find out.

But hey, you go and put your kid in a program with the owner being an irresponsible adult. Sounds more like your a friend of his anyway.

But not me. And I bet a lot of other people feel the same.