Originally Posted by Anonymous
How was the Island Box Tournament? Any good competition?

Philly indoor championship by NXT had an interesting outcome for 24. BBL & Brotherly love in final over Taz.
Any shananigans there or was it straight up?

It was a good tournament. My son plays for Headstrong and we watched. Taz was the #1 seed heading into the semis. Taz #21 is one of the best players in the 2024 year. Brotherly Love beat them straight up. I though as a team BL looked more athletic and faster and Taz looked more skilled. Game could have gone either way.
Was a great experience for the boys. The box tournament was real box . Very physical. 4 of the teams were very competitive. BBL played very well . Have a lot of BIG BOYS on the team. Size make a difference. Was good hard hitting fun.

BBL and Penn Lax make a real investment to the Box Game and it shows, simply the helmet investment alone demonstrates the commitment. Those two teams did a better job executing box concepts. Taz and Brotherly Love were able to hang because they are both very good teams but didn't really look great from a pure box concept, just really good players. BBL, Taz, and Brotherly love, anyone of those three could have won it. I though the Penn Lax team was a notch below.