I think the point was that there is a high concentrate of 2005's on the AA teams. And there are! I agree that most of the boys will qualify for WSYL. But there is something to be said about having kids play on age. Taz has a big number of 05's, and I know wp has mostly 06's I give them a lot of credit.But they got out-sized last year and this year the puberty thing will be overwhelming to them. So they go and grab a big strong 05 from Express. If you cant beat them join them.[/quote]

WP parent here. The team picked up two Fall 05's at tryout, which totals two 05's on the team. With 23 players on the team, that's approximately 8% of the team are 05's, which means... 92% of the team have 06 DOB's. Previous to this year, it was always... 100% 06 DOB's.

So, saying that the vast concentration of players are from 05, or 95% of the players on AA teams have 05 DOB's, that is simply a myth, spread by people on here, who's kid was cut by these top teams. Myth dispelled!

Only referring to Long Island here. I'm sure that the 95% number is pretty close to accurate for all the MD teams.