Originally Posted by Anonymous
I doubt that if Team91 MD, Looneys or Madlax qualified for WSYL that they would choose not to spend $3K+. Evidence is the fact that Madlax goes to Vail for a tournament that is not age based. But I also understand that not all families have the disposable income for it. For us who are fortunate to have the means, it was worth the experience. Another thing about this whole holdback debate, it's moot unless it changes the future direction of the sport in the youth level, since it's within the current rules. The way I look at it is that whenever our team plays them, we set expectations and get something out of it.. which is to hopefully get better by playing up. We would rather lose in competitive games than roll teams. I will admit that it's nice to get the trophy and t-shirts.

Many, many families did not have the means, I can assure you, and I am one of them. But we made it happen for our kids. I for one, am darn glad that I did. Absolutely amazing experience, with all the best 13U teams in the world. Not a single team was missing. Completely over the top experience.