Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid plays both and I see certain aspects of her game in both improve due to the other sport

A talented middy in soccer will easily transition into a good lacrosse middy it’s basicly the same up and down filed with defenses be responsiblities and move the ball up the field to the attack ( strikers) to score
A big physical basketball player will make solid attack in lacrosse
Feed her the ball and let her roll off defender to the inside like she is going to the hoop

Not saying the new girls that coaches are asking to come to try outs will be best on the team but they will most certainly be solid contributors to the team - they will make Team better and inevitablely take the spots of some previous starters
Lets get serious about this. Any 3 year old that sees a leather, inflated ball on the ground will almost certainly kick it. it is a natural, instinctive thing that everyone does because they can. Anyone can play soccer, it's a low skill sport. To catch a small solid ball with a stick with a net on the end is a skill that takes time to learn, and many "athletic" people can not easily master, if they ever can. Yes soccer, lacrosse, basketball, and hockey have many similar aspects to them. but not every person can learn to skate on ice, or dribble while running, or catch a ball with a stick, but everyone can kick a ball, it takes no special skill. For you to say your daughter will simply show up at a tryout, with no previous exposure to lacrosse or never having tried to catch and throw prior to stepping on the field,and think she will take the spot of even a 5th graders spot on a varsity team shows your ignorance about all sports. though I have no doubt that any lacrosse player can show up at a soccer tryout and, at least make the team, if not start on any H.S. soccer team.