Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA 150 Worth it? or is it just another one of those money makers....

It lost its luster starting a couple of years ago. If you really want bang for your $$$ attend the prospect days or clinics of the schools your daughter may have interest in.

I agree. It's a complete money grab. We attended last year and it was a complete waste of money and time. . Hardly any coaches were there and some of the girls that attended were definitely not top 150 in their class. I know of better players who weren't offered an invitation. This is run by CR and there is definitely major politics involved. College coaches see through this and probably the reason why not many attend anymore. Your money is better spent attending clinics/camps at the specific schools your daughter is interested in.

If you notice very few M&D Black girls attend which should say something considering it's run by CR. Stopped being useful when the recruiting calendar changed. When it was held in the winter it was very good.

Was every kid that wasn't asked waitlisted? Seems that everyone I asked was waitlisted ....some are really good players? Not sure what the criteria was? Doesn't seem right?

From the girls I've heard that were sent invitations and the ones who were "waitlisted"'something seems very fishy. Either their coaches weren't truthful when scoring their girls in order to make their programs look good or there are some serious politics involved. The fact that so many applied makes some of the selections even more suspect. . Either way it totally discredits the event and the college coaches should be asking for refunds. Not a true representation of the top players. Everyone's time is better spent elsewhere.

This is my take on this. My oldest went last year and my youngest will go this year. It isn't the UA but if you want to get in a good judge on how your daughter stacks up to above average players than it is good. It's better than most of these camps that are a complete waste of time that are full of girls that don't have a chance to play div 1 or college lacrosse. If you think your going to get recruited off of going to UA 150 than it is probably not for you. Want to get a couple days of playing against some good talent than it is worthwhile.