Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM clear favorite but not a surprise .
Northport has a chance depending on length of those suspensions.
Middle Country could win it , will have the best player on the field in just about every game but little else .
Smithtown East has some descent talent but plays like a team divided , a lot of players trying to get theirs but do not play a team game .
Smithtown West , not very good
Sachem North , not very good
West Islip , plays as a team but not enough talent

Northport: Did any NP players actually get suspended? What games did they miss? how many games were they suspended for?
Ward Melville: certainly a surprise, track record over the years has not been good. What would cause people to think this year would be any different?
Smithtown West: looks good to me. They have a fair amount of talent and a decent coach.
Sachem North: is a good team. Not sure how much talent they have but they are competitive.
Smithtown East: ? Not sure what to make of them just yet. Looks like they play like most other teams.
West Islip; is ok. Not as good as they have been the past several years.Yes, well coached.
Middle Country: has been making noise the past few years and a lot of returning players. Should make it to the finals.

Ward Melville had a bench full of very talented sophomore's last year that never played. They have a very strong team of juniors so they will be strong this year and next and then it's probably over If middle country doesn't do it this year they probably won't have the opportunity again. Smithtown West has a young team. They should be in the mix for a couple
Of yrs. West Islip Graduated some excellent seniors and then had some seniors that just rode the coattails of the excellent seniors. They have some very talented younger players so I think over the next couple of years you going to see them come back. I don't know the ages of the Northport players I'm guessing they're spread out so they could be a contender for the next year or two as well

The following comments: "Ward Melville had a bench full of very talented sophomore's last year that never played." are not accurate.

A more accurate assessment would be: Ward Melville has strong Senior (2017) and Junior (2018) classes. None of the current Juniors or Seniors were brought up to the varsity as 9th graders. As sophomores most did see game time but the playing time was limited and changed throughout the season. Some of the players in those grades saw very limited playing time as sophomores. Ward Melville has the athletes to be very competitive but they must be on the field in order to compete.

Several teams have a chance to win the County Championship.

Middle Country
Ward Melville
Sachem North
Smithtown West
Smithtown East
Northport
West Islip

Just be happy that the Championship will be decided on the field and not on this site.

West Islip lost to Riverhead yesterday, and is in real danger of not making the playoffs.