Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like a down year with only a handful of exceptional players in Nassau (assume Suffolk is the same) that are obvious All-American choices? Lots of good kids but not many exceptional kids. Even some of the high profile players had somewhat sub par years. Lets hope politics do not play too big of a role and that they acknowledge the kids that are most deserving.

When the chosen players have down years, then politics takes over. Most all americans are kind of decided early because of their history so its expected. But when they have a down year they should be passed over. Lets see

No sport is more political than girls lacrosse.

These awards were determined before the season started.

Everybody knows it.
Lets try to keep in mind that , at least on L.I., Girls lacrosse is mostly politics. It has gotten so bad that now Carol Rose and Tracy Weiner even have a flunky on local T.V. to push there agenda. I mean come on, Who is this self proclaimed Lax Guru Rapport anyway? He never played lacrosse at any level, doesn't have a sister that played, his wife never played, he doesn't have kids old enough to play, the closest he got to a lacrosse team is when his H.S. team shoved him in a locker, but there he is spouting off CR's and TW's view points on TV? Crap at least I played lacrosse and so does my daughter, so I'm way more qualified than that"guru" [lacrosse]

Your post tells me you should have zero to do with high school sports in general. As far as Rapport goes at least he is paying attention to lacrosse on long Island.If you think that someone needed to play a sport in order to be qualified to discuss the sport that's just ridiculous and is always comical because some clown who played lacrosse in high school now thinks they are experts in the game because of it.
So, you obviously never played on any level either, that is obvious. Alotbof people pay attention to girls lacrosse on L.I. , only people like you call them pervs, creeps and paedophiles, but some how this creepy guy gets a pass by you because he's on TV? Or is it because you're amongst the YJ faithful, or both. Yes I played in H.S. and college and post collegiate, and I am a far better judge then you or him, is that so hard to believe that someone that actually played would be a better judge than eithyou or him? The only problem with me is that my daughter is allready in college so if I follown H.S. girls people like you call me a pedophile