Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone at the game comment on the three 8th grade players that were brought up to varsity for ESM, did any of them step foot on the field? According to the ESM AD at a school board meeting, any middle school players brought up to Varsity, must be extraordinary players who contribute as a key members of the team and participate in MORE than 50% of games. During the regular season, they played in a VERY small % of games (well under 30%) and essentially zero time in close match ups. What is most interesting about this is that the 'AD' who fought for this rule to be implemented by the school board is now giving out exceptions to his own rule to help his 'friends', forcing them on the Varsity coach. Maybe the new superintendent should investigate BM for this behavior as it seems like he is showing 'favoritism' to his football buddy and their two friends. The new ESM superintenent should not allow a corrupt AD from ruining the sports programs at ESM. I am sure that once they peel back the onion, more of his deeds will be uncovered.

Not from your town, but know of the three in question, and everyone of them extremely talented, part of a very talented group of 8th graders. You also have a pretty good group of 9th graders as well. I hear all the nightmares from ESM parents from my sons sports and my daughters sports (sometimes just overhearing them [lacrosse] and complain to other ESm parents). a whole bunch of crazy rules implemented by your asz backwards BOE... MS girls can't play JV but can play Varsity, but only if its Tuesday of a leap year, except if it's basketball then they can play JV on Wednesdays, but no other sports, except for wrestling if your last name starts with a B.... and so on... How about instead let the head coach make the decisions for the program, short term and long term (and also not discriminating against her because of perceived sexuality as well) It's the coaches program, and they/she has to live with the end result no matter what the sport. Sounds like your entire system is corrupt in ESM. So start by getting rid of your Board of Ed and letting people do their jobs, and stop all your crying. Suzy can play, just may be on JV or MS until she gets her shot, you have a great program with great players, many great players at great programs have to wait their turn. You want her to play sooner move to a weaker lacrosse town and she probably could play 5-6 years on Varsity. Congrats on your championship.