Originally Posted by Anonymous
The clinic didn't give an opportunity for anyone to really shine, no real gameplay, just stations. Defenders were mixed in with groups and barely could shoot, didn't look like they even asked who was a defender or attacker or a middie when they did some defensive/offensive stations.

Not sure who UNC commit was as no one really stood out, and the girls who has no club (St Anthony) girl was there and I watched her just from reading all the nonsense on here to see if she was any good. All she was is real fast, very small and all one sided stick wise. Looked like she would be easily shut down defensively, and doesn't move the ball to others/no vision. Looked like she doesn't know how to hitch or do anything to move a goalie when she shoots, so I can see her struggling against good goalies and defenses. Probably why the parents keep her away from travel lax because her game doesn't stand with other good players except that she is very fast. And probably can't build chemistry with anyone so they figure going clinic route. Smoke and mirrors way of being recruited. But if her stick hasn't caught up by now, speed won't matter and she is too small to be switched to defense on a high end D1 team. Doesn't matter though UNC is probably done looking at 2020's and starting to focus on 21's now anyway. That's why they ran the clinic at the same time as YJ 2020 and 2019 tryouts. You think they would run it if they still were looking at 2020's CR wouldn't have that.

Very unimpressed with the clinic overall, No one really stood out, you could see who had some skills and but there were a lot of real low level players (a ton of weak players attended) that probably slowed things down a bit.

You got all of that from a little 2 hour clinic? I’ve seen that girl and she is very versatile with her stick in both hands. Saying she’s has no vision/ calling her a ball hog is an understatement. She passes to the ball more than shoots it. That’s is not the reason the parents kept her off the road because she was better than almost all of her teammates. Parents are the ones telling your kid to not pass the ball to her so whenever she’s gets the ball she is going to do what she has to do with it. Also. Why would your first thought be to move her to defense? I know why but I won’t say it. Easily shut down by a defender sounds funny. Never seen her get “shut down” by a defender. You sound like a hater, I personally like these people and you bringing the 14 y/o girl down is horrible.