Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why exactly is it a dumb idea? If people realize it does not prevent concussions but feel it will prevent ball or stick contact to a child's head, how is that bad? Older girls at the elite college level are not going to take to it initially. The cost is not much more than higher end goggles offered by Cascade and other companies. It should be a parent or player choice.

I personally believe the game is fine without helmets. However it should not be a player or team choice, helmets should either be mandatory or not. Helmets on one team creates a competitive advantage. If I was a Coach or AD my team would not be playing against a team with helmets

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why exactly is it a dumb idea? If people realize it does not prevent concussions but feel it will prevent ball or stick contact to a child's head, how is that bad? Older girls at the elite college level are not going to take to it initially. The cost is not much more than higher end goggles offered by Cascade and other companies. It should be a parent or player choice.

I personally believe the game is fine without helmets. However it should not be a player or team choice, helmets should either be mandatory or not. Helmets on one team creates a competitive advantage. If I was a Coach or AD my team would not be playing against a team with helmets

Helmets need to be either mandatory or completely not allowed. Who cares which they choose, but you can't have it both ways. Girls with helmets should not allowed to be to play against girls without helmets.