Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are the best or best bang for your buck travel programs? My daughter is in 5th and she is asking me to play.

Part of it will depend on where you live (East, West, North Shore or South Long Island). YJ has very good teams. It would be hard to make a top team just because the YJ top girls are very good. VERY LARGE club, lots of kids and lots of teams. Thats why people feel it is so political. TG is a good program as well but lack coaching and organization. Alot of the teams just seem to do a lot of things on their own not through TG. They have good players. I know that Liberty has a good program and have very good coaching. A friend of my daughters played there and got much better from attending the clinics they were running last year at the HUB in Syosset - may be a good way to try them out if they run them this winter. The knock on them is that they have a lot of Manhasset kids but I know many kids there arent from that town that play on liberty. Igloo - depends on the age group - very mixed an inconsistent. Elevate - they are ok - a lot of weak kids in many age groups, A lot of parent coaches coaching the teams - seems a lot like PAL and many people cant tolerate the Director at all.