Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wantagh Dads will be on full exposure this weekend trying to run high school girls lax. Pathetic losers

What is this weekend? Why will the dads be on "full exposure"?

What I think is pathetic is the fact that the Wantagh coach has done nothing. So many town teams are doing fall practices and indoor winter leagues and the training and coaching is being run by their Varsity and their JV coaches. I guess the new hire is out for a pay check only. Mt Sinai, Northport, Farmingdale, Plainedge, the list goes on and on. They are all doing indoor with their Varsity coach. Shame on the Wantagh AD for not supporting her girls lacrosse program. Luckily those girls have a few parents that stepped up, otherwise they would have nothing.

Yep, KK in Brentwood and All-Star in Selden(?) run varisty winter leagues. Great way to keep the stick in their hands. My daughter's Smith East team is at KK facing some great competition (2 Mt Sinai teams, 2 Northport, St A's, etc), doesn't get much better than that. If your team's not doing winter league, you're already a step behind.

Not a step behind when kids are multi sport athletes.

Exactly. And not all coaches want to meet opponents before the season. Some may want to just work on skills and plays[/quote]

No, not exactly. KK is 7 v 7 and it's all about stick skills and foot speed/quickness, everything a kid should be working on. Oh, and my daughter is playing a winter sport. Indoor is only 1 hour a week, well worth it. So multi-sport athletes are still doing it.