Originally Posted by Anonymous
that's unfortunate. seriously. I do have a question. if that's the case why stay on the team? if you are the player, do something else. if this is a parent posting , why would you make your child stay on team? seems like you are resigned to endure a pretty lousy situation. why?

Hoping for change? I don't really know. Don't forget, HS sports is very much about the social aspect for the kids, and belonging.

You are beyond help.

It's social/school thing for 75% of the team that will never play beyond HS. It is a cut throat get your name in the paper sport for those who have committed and are still trying to pad their college BIO Page. That's the disconnect

Wow, you really don't get it, do you? Did you ever compete at anything? I guess in you view everybody should get a trophy, everyone should have a chance to be the quarter back, everyone should take turns pitching and everyone should have a chance to win the 100 meter race.

I don't think that at all. I do think that lacrosse is a team game. Girls shouldn't be trying to run the ball up when teammates are open ahead of them. I don't think girls should be trying to dodge through 3-4 defenders when teammates are open and in better shooting position. I don't think 2 or 3 girls should be a team's entire offense - share the ball - good things will happen.