Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]
Florida Shoplifting Criminal Penalties
Shoplifting property with a total combined value of more than $300 and less than $20,000; or if the item taken is a firearm or certain other items. Third degree grand theft (third degree felony).

So if what the girls stole was > $300, and I believe I read above it was valued at $600, then yes, it was a felony.

They are juveniles, get over it middle aged men! Juveniles are treated differently in the CRJ system, for a reason, so bad choices don't chase them for life. Let's be real here okay hypocrites, if these girls were on a LOSING lacrosse team, that was not beating your daughter's team, none of you would care. Now, if these girls are suspended or better yet kicked off the team, your little princess may have a chance to win something. That is the TRUTH, again, you hold children to a higher standard than yourself, you pathetic losers.

Get over it?? Thats the problem with parents today. There is much more to life than girls lacrosse. How about morals, class or just plain doing the right thing. 15-17 year olds know btwn right and wrong and if they don't, their parents did a horrible job raising them. BTW 16 & 17 yr olds are not juveniles!

Yes in the eyes of the law they are.

In NY 16 year olds are considered adults.

I thought this happened in Florida?