Originally Posted by Anonymous

Florida Shoplifting Criminal Penalties
Shoplifting property with a total combined value of more than $300 and less than $20,000; or if the item taken is a firearm or certain other items. Third degree grand theft (third degree felony).

So if what the girls stole was > $300, and I believe I read above it was valued at $600, then yes, it was a felony.

They are juveniles, get over it middle aged men! Juveniles are treated differently in the CRJ system, for a reason, so bad choices don't chase them for life. Let's be real here okay hypocrites, if these girls were on a LOSING lacrosse team, that was not beating your daughter's team, none of you would care. Now, if these girls are suspended or better yet kicked off the team, your little princess may have a chance to win something. That is the TRUTH, again, you hold children to a higher standard than yourself, you pathetic losers.

1. I'm not a man.
2. I don't drink and drive.
3. I do hold my children to a high standard, as I believe we all should.
4. My kids are not in the same division as Northport so that argument is irrelevant.
5. You look like the biggest loser for trying to justify what they did.

What do you think the consequences should be?

Okay, then I suppose you are an exception, but most of the posters on here are middle aged men. Most adults drink and drive, but think it is okay, because well they think they are fine. I also hold my daughter to high standards, BUT I will not impact a young woman's life by kicking her off the team. I have said earlier, community service or suspension, but in an age when teen suicide and drug use (heroin) is on the rise, I will not take something away from her that she loves. I will not subject her to that kind of embarrassment among her peers. Do any of you monitor your child's social media? Do you see how mean and cruel these girls can get? You of all posters should understand the complexities and difficulties of being a teen girl. I am really surprised a mother would advocate for her daughter to be kicked off the team for this. Again, most of the posters have daughter's on teams that play against NP, that is the ONLY reason for the moral outrage, it has nothing to do with the well being of the girls.
So I am a middle aged man that does not drink, I have been married to the same woman faithfully for 20 years, and have made several mistakes far worse than the ones commited by these girls, and my daughter is allready in college. They should recieve a suspention from school seeing as the crime was commited at a school function, they should be suspended from playing for the rest of the year for embarrising themselves, the school, there parents, the town, and most importantly there team. They should be made to attend the games in team gear, but not in uniform, to support the team mates they have let down. $600.00 is a lot of money and wasn't a couple of candy bars, so they need to held accountable in a very public and severe manor. But C.R. does not have i any ntegrity, and is far more concerned with her reputation so they will probably be playing in the next game

First off friend, if you are a middle aged man, with no dog in the fight, your knowledge of the incident is odd at best, downright scary at worst. You state you are a middle aged man who wants to see a bunch of teen girls punished severely, even though you suffered no loss, the only ones who can ask for this "severe" punishment is the company that was victimized. So, your odd fetish about punishing teen girls strikes me as something you should study a bit deeper, perhaps with the assistance of a shrink. Standing on the sidelines in uniform not allowed to play, is that your "Scarlet Letter"? What a [lacrosse] you sound like. Second, what was the "severe" punishment you doled out on yourself for your transgressions you committed in your youth? Or were you not caught, therefore making it all okay? Maybe it's time for you to seek forgiveness from those you stole from, but don't throw your guilt at a bunch of girls you don't know. Thirdly, go find your sixth grade teacher and punch her in the mouth, your grammar is pathetic, if your daughter is attending your alma mater, get her out fast, you didn't learn $hit. Lastly, I can at least understand the loser parents who want the girls suspended so they can see their school win, you I just don't get. This looks more like some sour grapes on your end.
Maybe The school I attended sucked, but at least they had more integrity than your Faux Upper class losers in north port. I never said I got away with anything, and was punished far worse than your little princess will be. Its funny you make fun of my grammar, but your reading comprehension is twice as bad, I didn't say they should attend games in uniforms, I said they shouldn't be allowed back in the uniform seeing as your thieving princess disgraced it. Maybe its you who should go punch your 6th grade teacher in the face for your lack of reading comprehension. Then punch your mother in the face for not teaching you to be a good parent. As for my knowlege of the situation it was easy to obtain, seeing as the facts have been talked about in detail on this site you flaming idiot, but I forgot you have no comprehension so you probably forgot.