Originally Posted by Anonymous
So my daughter tried out for school girls and was cut after lunch. Not a huge surprise as we know there are many talented players at her position on LI. I've got no axe to grind. My question is, who were the evaluators? We have been around the LI Lacrosse scene for a very long time and she said she didn't recognize anyone. Just curious. No hidden agenda here. Thanks

My daughter did not recognize anyone, she is a junior from Nassau and has been heavily involved as well. Our guess is that they were all or mostly Suffolk coaches

She should have complained. Not sure if you heard but at least one player was allowed back in. But it was her old coach, Can you say nepotism?

You get more desperate by the hour! Can't imagine the ignorant posts that lie ahead when the actual teams are announced. Funny you can say anything you want behind the computer: Did anyone see the father of the one girl hand the director a wad of cash? My daughter heard him say "How much for the top team" - Anyone see the father hiding in the bushes with a walkie coaching his kid through the drills? Did you all know that one of the evaluators is having an affair with one of the kids parents. These must be the reasons your kid got cut.

You obviously have emotional issues and can almost guarantee that you need to have your meds adjusted. Why keep responding to these posts. If you do not feel it looks a little suspicious that 1 kid who happens to have connections to 2 of the evaluators, and number was not called at lunch, was allowed to continue you are not being honest. I actually think that kid is good enough to make one of the teams but there was a kid cut who is one of the best players on Long Island so previous reputation should have little impact. Cannot tell you if politics played a role or not but the evaluators have to live with themselves if they put a kid on who did not deserve it while keeping one that did off.

EH kid is a nice little player, top 50 HS player on LI? not even close