Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The point being made is that the coaches should be the ones to dictate the needs of their programs versus an AD that is in WAY OVER HIS HEAD (Only accomplishment on his part is being a member of the all boys club along with the assist principle and dean - since they all hang out in BM's office)... The only two sports he gives a crap about are Football and Wrestling and he only care about wrestling because the coach takes zero crap from BM and leverages the BOE to muscle BM into making wrestling exempt from these stupid rules. The best players should play at a level complementary to their skills, but for a clueless AD to make that decision from his office (Since the only events he attends are football games - and then he has to cart his lazy rump around via golf cart) is crazy. Empower the coaches to do their jobs an build the programs as they see fit. I understand that those three players have talent, but to sit on the bench for varsity is doing NOTHING for their development, but as the rule states, they cannot play JV (where there would have played and improved along with several other 8th grade kids). This all goes back to an incompetent AD that the new superintendent must quickly fire...

I see your point, but can you imagine the AD telling the BOE he lets the coaches run the programs? Who will be held responsible when something bad happens? AD's are hired to manage the department. Much like principals are hired to run schools. My gut feeling is things would fall apart very quickly if you let coaches run the program autonomously. Just my opinion.

I believe they need to have an oversight into the programs. but to blindly support some teams and penalize others without a clue is worse. He was the one who imposed an idea that went against input from coaches and parents alike, omitting certain sports. Now he is offering waivers for 'friends' so that their kids do not have to live by the dumb rule he implemented in the first place. the rule either applies to everyone blindly, or you need to re-visit the spirit of the rule.