Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Congratulations dad. It sounds like your daughter is the ONE on our team that will play in college. She is surrounded by some other pretty good athletes the award winning volleyball, basketball and soccer players. They are above average in any sport they play. Just because they don't go down to Maryland everyone weekend over the summer doesn't mean they cant play lax. So tell your kid to pass the ball because with your kid scoring 100 goals we still will only be 500 as a team

What town do you live in? What type of awards are these athletes receiving? It doesn't appear as though any of the teams would be very competitive if the girls only play the sport in-season. In our town, the best volleyball, basketball, and soccer players are playing year round and they travel as much if not more than the best lacrosse players.

Maybe HS sports have passed me by. Maybe now they are simply about everyone having a chance to play and be a part of the team. Now that I think about it I guess that is why High School sports now play second fiddle to the club teams. AAU Basketball, Travel Soccer, Club Volleyball, Travel Lacrosse etc... are all much more competitive than their HS counterparts. College Coaches do just about all of their recruiting on the AAU/Travel Circuit because that is where the top talent is.

The next thing you know they will stop keeping score at HS sporting events. Maybe they should take away the Cages, Baskets, Nets, Goals, Finish lines ect... Just have one big play date and let all of the girls participate. While we are at it lets get rid of the AP and Honors Classes as well and give everybody a C.

By the way, Who do you want this so called Ball Hog to pass the ball to? Oh thats right, your daughter. Why is that? Oh yeah, so she can be the one to score the goal.

I'd explain to you but it's been explained above and you are clearly too dense to comprehend. IF that's how you think it is, then I suspect you are one of those "pad the stats" parents who encourages his kid to run up her goals against weak teams. I can assure you that is not helping your daughter make friends, not is it helping you. It's a team sport, bucko. Any coach worth his or her salt can outcoach a one-stud team so it makes zero sense to run all plays through one player. Besides the out-coaching scenario, there's the injury situation: stud gets hurt and then what? A wise coach develops the entire team so he/she doesn't screw him/herself or the team. It's about depth, not about superstars or padded stats. You must be too shortsighted or close minded to realize that. [/quote]

You are just completely wrong, yes you want to develop the whole team but the best teams have kids that are role players and unfortunately parents like you refuse to accept their childs role unless its a goal scorer. Do you think every kid should do the draw or play goal, than why do you think every kid should be a shooter or a dodger. The best coaches put kids in positions to be successful.Look at successful college teams they have multiple scorers but most run their offense thru 2 or 3 key players 90 percent of the time.